By default, topics are visible to All Users, which means that all members can see the topic under Discover and access the content published to the topic.
When publishing content, you'll need to publish content to at least one topic. The topic selector will show information about the topic, including whether the topic is public or targeted.
Targeting a topic to one or more groups limits which members can see the topic under Discover and controls which users can access content in the targeted topic even if they have a direct link to the content. Targeting a topic is like setting permission for access to all content within that topic.
Examples of how to use targeted topics:
- Drive engagement by surfacing content that is most relevant to employee groups
- Ensure private information remains with required groups
- Streamline your topics & content delivery
Target a Topic
- Open the Topics page by selecting the menu in the top left of Studio and navigate to Publish > Topics.
- To create a new topic, select Create Topic in the top right.
To edit an existing topic, select the three dots to the right of the topic name and choose Edit.
- Under Target Topics to a Group(s), start typing the name of a group or snapshot and select a group from the results list. You can add more than one group.
- Select Save to apply changes.
If all targeted groups are removed, the topic will default to being available to All Registered Users.
If there are multiple targeted groups, members only need to be part of at least one group in order to see the topic and the content in the topic.
Additional details about creating and editing topics is outlined in this article.
Information about creating and editing groups is outlined in these articles.