This article reviews how to create a post of any content type. For details about the content types please refer to Content Type Details.
Steps to Create a New Post
- Open the Content page by selecting the top left menu and navigate to Publish > Content.
- From any tab on the Content page (Published, Scheduled, For Review, etc.), select Create Post in the top right corner.
- Choose the content type:
The Content Source Is...
custom content, files to attach
Link to a webpage
Image file &
For more details about the content types please refer to Content Type Details.
*Version Note: Note cards are only fully available for programs with a mobile app version of 3.4.0 or higher. If a member is on a mobile app version earlier than 3.4.0, the member will simply see the Note post displayed as an Article card without an image.
- Depending on the type of post, create the content using one or more of the following methods:
- Configure the Publish Settings:
- Publish - By default publish is set to publish now. Click on Publish: Now to schedule for later. The time you select is based on the device time of the user publishing content. The content will be published into the app for all users at the same time.
- Archive - By default archive is set to never archive. Click on Archive: Off to choose a date for the card to be archived automatically. The archive date can be adjusted at any time after publishing.
- Author - You can leave as the default (content appears to be published by the program itself) or you can click on the author to change the author to yourself. The account that you are signed in under in Program Studio must be a Registered user (registered via the Employee Experience), otherwise you will only see the Program Name under the Author field.
- Channels - Target content to at least one channel using the plus button to select one or more channels for the content to appear in. You can edit the post to unselect channels or add additional channels at any time before or after publishing the card.
- Feature - Switch to on in order to make this content appear on the Highlights tab. Once turned on, customize the label.
- Shareable - You can turn this on to make the share icon appear to user. When turned on, Share Message becomes available.
- Commentable - Switch to on to make commenting available to your users.
- Smart Campaigns - Only available to Program Managers and Administrators. Configure a Smart Campaign to start running when the post is published.
- Save your work
- Select Save or Save Draft to keep a copy of the card as a draft. You can return to the draft under the Drafts tab and publish when you are ready.
- Select Publish or Schedule to set publish the card.
- The green button says Publish if the card is set to publish immediately. When you click Publish, the post becomes available to members immediately.
- The green button says Schedule if you have scheduled a specific time for publishing. When you click Schedule, the post will appear under the Scheduled tab. Then, at the scheduled time the post will move to the Published tab and become available to members.
Review how to create a post by watching Creating an Article (about 2 minutes):