Note: to link a push notification to content, refer to deep-link under Send a Push Notification.
Do you need a link to the post in the experience? Maybe you're linking one content card to another, or trying to link a colleague to the post through email or a Slack message. Maybe you need to link from your company website to content in your SocialChorus program.
Copying the direct link will give you the URL of the post as it will appear in the experience after it is published. Keep in mind that anyone accessing the link will need to be able to sign in to your program and the post should be published when they try to access the link.
Mobile users: if a user has your mobile app downloaded and they open the link on their mobile device, the content card should open directly in the app rather than Chrome or Safari app (for reasons why the link may open the web experience, see Why Don't Links...). If your user doesn't have the mobile app downloaded, they'll be prompted to download the app when they click the link on mobile.
Copy Post URL from Studio
- While creating or editing a post, click More.
- Select Copy Post URL.
- Paste the URL wherever you are sharing the link!
Copy a Direct Link from the Web Experience
- Sign into the web experience for your program. The URL will look like:
- Did you know you can access the web experience from Studio? Sign into Studio and click on the arrow in the top right corner to open up the web experience in another window.
- Find the piece of content you want to pull a link from and click on the post.
- Click on the three dots.
- Click Copy.
- Paste your link wherever you want! The link will take your users to the specific post you want to share with them.