Below we detail product updates for the FirstUp platform (Studio, web, and the mobile app) scheduled for release in May 2021.
Web Experience: Custom Homepage
Administrators and Program Managers can now customize the first five sections of the desktop homepage for a better employee experience. Available customization options are:
- Reorder personalized feeds: Featured, Trending, Latest
- Showcase community and channel content
- Display content in 3 ways: Gallery, Hero, Grid
Administrators and Program Managers can make these customizations in Studio.
Default Homepage Settings in Studio
Making Custom Homepage Changes
Public channels can also be positioned more prominently on the Homepage. With the Hero, Gallery, and Grid layout options, you also have the ability to stylize the Homepage.
Homepage Style Examples
Custom Homepage is a premium feature. Please reach out to your Engagement Manager for additional details.
Studio: Update to Standard Groups
SocialChorus has made updates to the criteria of our standard groups in order to more accurately represent the users who make up the group. We also updated a few value names to reflect the naming conventions elsewhere in our platform. These changes will also be seen in the standard group descriptions.
For an example of how this change more accurately represents users in the group, "Program Managers” previously included the criteria status: registered, which restricted the group to users who were, in effect, active in the web or mobile app experience. Updating to status: not_blocked more accurately captures all users who are ”Program Managers”, while still restricting to current employees (blocked = separated, so not blocked = current).
- Status: registered was changed to status: not_blocked for all group criterion, excluding registered user standard groups, i.e. Registered Last Week, Registration Complete
- Status: users was changed to status: not_blocked
- Role: member was changed to role: member AND status: not_blocked
- A new Channel Contributor group was created with criteria role: channel_contributor AND status: not_blocked
- NOT status: blocked was updated to status: not_blocked (this is a name change only, it does not change the results of the group)
- Reachable_by_push_notification: true was changed to reachable_by_push_notification: true AND status: not_blocked
- The name of status: pending was updated to status: registering (this is a name change only, it does not change the results of the group)