Knowledge Base articles mentioned:
- How to export user data
- How to erase user data
- Export all my personal data
- Erase all my personal data
- GDPR Webinar Slides
- User Data sheet
Please review attached slides for reference!
1. What if I'm unsure if I need to enable these features in my app?
We recommend asking your Legal team if your organization is required to be GDPR compliant.
Yes, we can provide information on how our product works and what data is collected to support your Legal team. Please ask your Engagement Manager for product documentation. You can review the attached spreadsheet for more information about the data we collect on each user. For any definitions for metrics you are unsure about, refer to our Measure Glossary.
3. When can we expect these features by?
The 'Export' and 'Erase' requests will be available in our 3.4.2 mobile apps once enabled. These features will be enabled in both your web and mobile apps before May 25, 2018.
4. Who will be enabling these features for us?
If you need to be GDPR compliant, your Engagement Manager will enable these features for you before May 25.
5. Why can't SocialChorus handle the export and erase requests from my app users?
SocialChorus is the data processor in this relationship. As the data processor, we are unable to fulfill data requests for compliance reasons. As the data controller, our customers need to fulfill these requests from their own users. In addition, our contracts do explicitly outline that customers will be the only ones to handle users' data requests.
6. Can an employee decide to undo the be forgotten functionality once requested?
We do not currently have a way for a user to undo the 'Forget Me' functionality once the Program Manager has fulfilled the action on the Users page in Program Studio. We have aimed to make this clear in the messaging available on Web/Mobile and the email body that the request is final.
7. In the case of “erasing personal data”, you mentioned we are making the user record inaccessible but is their data is still stored in Program Studio?
The user's personal data is no longer stored in Program Studio. This personal data is erased and their user record is anonymized. We do keep the event data associated with the anonymized user record so that you still have accurate reporting and data available on your program.
8. To be clear, if a user requests for their data to be removed... this also means their profile becomes inactive?
Yes, this is correct. Once the user is forgotten, the personal data is erased and the user record is given a Blocked status. This means that no one can log into that account in the app moving forward.
9. How quickly will SocialChorus route the export/erase requests to us?
Our email inbox that these Export/Erase requests will be routed into is actively monitored on a daily basis by the SocialChorus Support team. We will route these requests back to the customers' Program Management team within a short amount of time as we understand you are under time constraints to act on data requests.
10. Do you have a list of data elements that are tracked for each user?
Please review the attached spreadsheet for more information about the data we collect on each user. For any definitions for metrics you are unsure about, refer to our Measure Glossary.