To start, follow steps 1-8 outlined in this article to upload a list of users via Bulk Upload. Once complete, the uploaded list will be associated with a new group attribute. The new attribute applies to both users that are already in the program and users that are being added to the program for the first time (this means that Duplicates will still get the new group attribute).
Now that you've uploaded your file of users, you can set up the group.
Creating your Group
- Open the Groups page by clicking the hamburger menu in the upper left corner and navigating to Manage > Groups.
- From the Groups page, select Create Group in the top right. The new group has no name, no save button, and automatically includes only registered users.
- Click on Unsaved Group to enter a descriptive name for your group.
- To define the group’s membership, click Change Filters to open the Filters/Users dialogue.
- Under Filters, select Custom and choose Bulk Upload from the dropdown menu.
- Type the name of the uploaded file into the Custom Bulk Upload box. Select your option from the dropdown menu.
- Select Apply Filters to close the Filters/Users dialogue.
- Save your group.
Note: Status and other criteria are optional when creating a custom group. However, if you have Created or Invited users in the custom group, they may not receive push notifications and they can't access targeted content until they complete registration. The Created and Invited users can still receive emails and see content previews for untargeted content.
Once your custom group has been saved, you can use this group like any other group in your program!
Why Don't My Uploaded Users Have Any Custom Attributes?
If your program leverages user verification or SSO with custom attributes, we will only have the username, email, and bulk upload attribute (see above) until they complete registration. Therefore, the added users will not appear as part of any special attribute groups like department, location, etc. until they are Registered users.