Search makes it easy to find a piece of content that you're looking for in the mobile app or web experience. You can also search channels and user profiles of other users in the app.
How to Search on the Mobile App
- Log into your mobile app.
- From a feed view or under the stack icon, look for the magnifying class to start a search.
- Type in your search term or multiple terms and hit enter.
- The search box will look at posts by default. Select Channels or Directory if you are looking for a channel or person instead.
- Results will appear along the bottom of the screen, you can scroll sideways through multiple results. Click on an item if you would like to go to that result - this will open the post, user profile, or channel depending on what you were searching for.
Switch between Posts, Channels, and Directory at the bottom of the page.
- If you don't see a match, you can type a new search term below the current results.
How to Search on the Web Experience
- Log in to the app on desktop. The search bar is located at the top of the page.
- Type in a search query and hit enter to run the search.
- A label will be added below the heading with the number of results found: “20 results found”.
- Search results are displayed on the same page. Scroll down the page to review the results.
- Switch between Posts, Channels, and Directory, etc. at the top of the page.
- If you don't see a match, start a new search by typing in the search box again.