Search makes it easy to find a piece of content that you're looking for in the mobile app or web experience. You can also search channels and user profiles of other users in the app.
How to Search on the Mobile App
Version Note: Mobile app search is only available on mobile app version 3.6.0 & up.
- Log into your mobile app.
- In the bottom navigation bar, tap the speech bubble icon to open Assistant.
- Access search in one of two ways.
- General: from the Assistant landing screen, tap 'Search posts, people, and channels'.
- Category-specific: swipe up from the bottom of the Assistant landing screen and select find a post, find a person, or find a channel.
- Type in your search term or multiple terms and hit enter.
- Results will appear along the bottom of the screen, you can scroll sideways through multiple results. Click on an item if you would like to go to that result - this will open the post, user profile, or channel depending on what you were searching for.
- If you don't see a match, you can type a new search term below the current results.
- Switch between post, person, and channel by hitting the back button and choose the other category.
How to Search on the Web Experience
- Log in to the app on desktop. Click the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner of the screen to open the search bar.
- The search icon expands to reveal a search menu. The search box will look at posts by default. Select channels or people if you are looking for a channel or person instead.
- Type in a search query and hit enter to run the search.
- Search results are displayed on a new page. Scroll down the page to review results.
- Switch between posts, channels, and people at the top of the page.
- If you don't see a match, start a new search by clicking on the search icon again.