Search makes it easy for users to find a piece of content that they're looking for, based on keywords. Employees can also use Search to find channels and user profiles of other employees in the app.
Note: You must be on mobile app version 3.6.0 or above (Android and iOS) in order for the search feature to be available on mobile. If you are on an older app version, you will only be able to use search in the web experience until you upgrade your mobile app version.
How to Search
- Log into the app on your device of choice.
Mobile App: In the new bottom navigation bar, tap the speech bubble icon to open the search bar.
Web Experience: Click the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner of the screen to open the search bar.
- You'll see a friendly onboarding message, letting you know how to use search.
- Type a keyword or name to search the app for and submit. The app will search the following fields in posts to find possible results:
- The initial search results will include recommended Content results, if any exist. Note that you can only search for content in channels that you have access to.
- Click the arrows to review the content results. Based on what you are searching for, you can tap through to one of the Content results to view, read, or watch the post. You can also bookmark the post, and may be able to share or comment on the post from this view depending on publish settings.
- The Search bar will also present 2 additional categories: Channels and People. Click the Channels or People buttons to run the same search term for either category.
- When you tap on a Channel, you will be directed to that Channel to view its content. When you click on a User, you will be directed to their User Profile.
Note: If you are viewing a private profile, you will be able to see their avatar, first name, last name, and display name. All other values (birthdate, job title, etc.) are hidden, as are Channels Following, Recent Activity, etc.