A recent amendment to the Apple Developer Guidelines means that SocialChorus needs to update the way that our apps are published. SocialChorus will no longer be able to push updates and bug fixes for your app through our Apple Developer account; all submissions must now be made using an Apple Developer account owned by your organization.
To submit your app to the Apple App Store your organization will need to enroll in the Apple Developer Program. Once enrolled, SocialChorus will transfer your app from our account to your organization’s account. You will then need to grant SocialChorus administrators privileges, enabling us to publish all updates through your account. Once the transfer is complete, no additional work will be required by your organization.
This article will walk you through creating the necessary account, accepting the app transfer and granting SocialChorus administrators privileges. If your organization already has an Apple developer account, please ensure you have access to the associated Apple ID and the ability to invite new developers to the account. If you're unsure if your institution has an account, or don't know who has the Apple ID, you will need to reach out to Apple Support: https://developer.apple.com/contact/.
The sections in this article are as follows:
Creating an Apple Developer Account
- To create an Apple Developer account, visit the Apple Developer Member Center and click Create Apple ID. This Apple ID should be your work email account and should be separate from any personal Apple IDs you may have. You will use this ID to register for the account and log into Apple services related to your account.
- Fill out your details, then click Continue.
- Read the Apple Developer Agreement, check the By Checking this box I confirm that I have read... box, then click Submit.
- Confirm that your email address, name, and country location are correct, then select Company/Organization in the Entity Type drop-down menu. Apps published to Company/Organization Developer Accounts will display the Company Name entered within the iOS Developer Account in store listings.
Note: You will need a Dun & Bradstreet number to register as an organization
- Fill in the Contact Information for your iOS Developer Account.
- At the bottom of the screen, read the Apple Developer Program License Agreement, check the By checking this box I confirm that I have read and agree… box, then click Continue.
- Confirm the Apple ID Information, Entity Type, and Contact Information, then click Continue.
- If you would like automatic renewals of your developer account, select the auto-renewal box, then click Purchase to proceed to the next step.
- On the next screen, you’ll be prompted to sign in to the Developer Center with the Apple ID and password that you just created to confirm your enrollment in the Developer Center.
- You’ll then be asked to enter the details of the credit card you would like to use to pay for your yearly iOS Developer Account account. Enter your details and then click Continue.
- Fill in any remaining information on the following screens. Apple will send a confirmation email within 24 hours to confirm that your iOS Developer Account was successfully created.
Locating your Team ID and Apple ID
- Log in to your Apple Developer account.
- Navigate to Membership.
- Under Membership Information, copy the Team ID of your Apple Developer account.
- Locate the Team Agent field and copy the email address. This is the Apple ID of your Apple Developer account.
- In an email, please send the following information to your Engagement Manager:
- Team ID
- Email address (Apple ID)
SocialChorus can organize the transfer of your app to your personal app store account only after the above information has been collected.
Transferring the app
Once SocialChorus initiates the app transfer, Apple will send an email notification to your Team Agent. While we will do our best to initiate the transfer as quickly as possible, this new policy does impact a number of our clients, so you may experience some delays.
- Open the email and log in to App Store Connect as the Team Agent.
- In the information banner at the top of the page, click the Agreements, Tax, and Banking link.
- Review the transfer agreement and click Done.
- On the next screen, enter the following information:
- Company Name
- Support URL: http://howto.socialchorus.com
- Marketing URL: http://socialchorus.com
- Complete the fields for the app review contact information.
- Read and agree to the terms of the Application Transfer Agreement.
It can take up to two business days for Apple to finish the app transfer process. Once complete, your app will be available under your own App Store account.
Changes to App Functionality During Migration
Your users will still be able to use your app as expected during this time and shouldn’t experience any issues while the app is in migration.
Grant SocialChorus App Manager Permissions
We recommend that your organization give SocialChorus access to your developer account and App Store Connect account. Our experienced mobile app deployment team will use your account to manage your branded app in a secure, professional and confidential way. Our team will manage all aspects of your branded app’s deployment including app submissions, updates, and re-signing of apps with your developer certificate. Please do not cancel the accounts or revoke these permissions thinking this is a one-time requirement.
Part 1: Invite SocialChorus to Apple Developer Member Center:
- Log into Apple’s Member Center.
- Click People.
- Click Invite People.
- Enter the email address (email@example.com) of your SocialChorus mobile deployment contact under Invite as Admins.
Note: The SocialChorus team member will need to be added as an administrator to the necessary app records in your account.
Once invited, the SocialChorus team member will be able to log into your Developer account and create the necessary elements to assign the app to your account.
Part 2: Invite SocialChorus to App Store Connect
App Store Connect is the App Store’s admin interface to submit apps, monitor progress of app submissions, and view app statistics. SocialChorus will need access to your App Store Connect account to manage your listing and submit app updates. This is necessary for SocialChorus to re-sign the app to you, to indicate you, and not SocialChorus, as the developer of the app.
- Log into App Store Connect with the Apple ID associated with your developer account. Click Users and Roles.
- On the left side of the screen, click on the plus (+) sign next to the word Users.
- Fill in the name and email address of your SocialChorus mobile deployment contact on the next screen. Click Next.
- Under Role, select App Manager. This will give the SocialChorus deployment team member access to create and edit listings. It will not give them the ability to view analytics or add other members.
- On the next screen, click Save under Notifications. There is no need to edit this screen.
- Users and Roles will appear at the top of the screen and confirm that the invitation was sent.