Audience Note: This article only applies to your program if you are publishing the mobile app to the App Store under your company's Apple Developer Account ("customer-hosted") or publishing internally (such as "MDM"). If SocialChorus is publishing your mobile app, you can disregard these instructions.
Use TestFlight to test your iOS mobile app build with users before submitting the mobile app build for review and publishing.
Upload Your Mobile App to TestFlight
Apple has documented how to upload your build, configure test information, invite users, and collect feedback in their TestFlight beta testing documentation.
SocialChorus mobile app notes:
- SocialChorus will provide the mobile app .ipa file.
- All other TestFlight details must be managed by you, the Apple Developer.
- The mobile app .ipa file needs to be resigned for TestFlight.
- We recommend using Application Loader instead of xCode - Application Loader is much simpler.
- Apple instructions on how to access Application Loader.
- Apple instructions on how to upload your app file via Application Loader.
- If prompted by error "missing compliance", provide export compliance information. For the SocialChorus mobile app, mark "no."
- Leverage either internal or external users depending on what kind of access to your App Store Connect account you want to grant.
- Anywhere that Apple asks for an email contact or test account you should provide a contact or test account for your company. Directing Apple to SocialChorus will result in delays.
User-Facing TestFlight Instructions
The following is an example of the instructions that you can send your testers.
You can beta test the <<Program>> app through Apple's beta testing program, TestFlight:
- Open the email from iTunes Store (TestFlight: You're invited to test <<App Name>>).
- Select “View in TestFlight”.
- Download TestFlight and Accept Terms and Conditions.
- Go back to the TestFlight invitation email, and select "View in TestFlight" again.
- You should see information for <<App Name>>. Select “Install”.
- Select “View” and sign in with email and password combination.