Employee data is often siloed by technology - your complete list of current employees is contained within your HR system, SSO, or another tool, but is not automatically synchronized with your communication tools. This leads to:
- Gaps in your communication plans
- Employees that miss out on communications
- Inability to personalize comms and target relevant communications to your employee groups
- Lack of insight into user engagement
Firstup Universal Profile creates a unified audience that unlocks employee data and powers your communications strategy providing stronger communications to your organization:
- Send emails to all employees or target any group of employees, regardless of registration status
- Reduce the need for manual imports, you'll be able to see all your employees and status in Studio
- Improve relevance of your communications to employee groups and elevate the overall employee communications experience
- Review metrics based on employee attributes
How Does Universal Profile Work?
Universal Profile encompasses the following:
- Provision Users - add the users to your program in Studio. Once they are visible on the Users page of Studio, you can leverage the full power of Studio with those users. You can create groups, target topics, target email campaigns, and track user adoption and engagement.
- Import Attributes - synchronize your company data about the users with Studio. Then, you can create groups and target topics based on information such as department, working location, etc.
- Deprovision Users - block and demote users when they separate from your company so that they no longer have access to either the employee experience or Studio.
- Reprovision Users - if your employees return (such as seasonal employees) unblock their profiles automatically.
Universal Profile ensures that employee data is always current between your systems and Firstup.
Universal Profile Options by Tool
Currently, the full power of Universal Profile requires that you provide your employee data to Firstup in a file via SFTP.
If you would like to leverage our API or SSO, only some aspects of Universal Profile are currently available. We are working to expand the functionality of the API and SSO.
How to Set Up Universal Profile with SFTP?
The full power of Universal Profile is available to programs uploading a file via SFTP. Certain user attributes must be provided within the file and then we can provision, import attributes, deprovision users, and/or reprovision users at the time of each file upload. You can enable one or more of these options at a time.
If you are already sending in a file via SFTP, contact your Customer Success Manager to enable any Universal Profile options that you are not yet using.
If you would like to start sending employee data in a file via SFTP, please reach out to your Customer Success Manager to initiate the changes in our backend. The exact file requirements will be discussed once you have initiated the integration, but be prepared to provide a file with the following:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Custom Attributes
- Universal identifier, for SSO programs this is the NameID
How to Set Up Universal Profile with API?
User management via API currently only allows for deprovisioning. For more details, please refer to the Deprovisioning API documentation.
How to Set Up Universal Profile with SSO?
At this time, an SSO configuration only enables us to import attributes for your users at the time of user sign in. The SSO configuration cannot provision users before they begin registration, deprovision users, or reprovision users.
Implementation with SSO is very simple - once your program is configured for SSO for authentication, any attributes configured in your IdP to pass in the SAML attribute statement will be imported when the individual user signs in. There is no additional step to synchronize attributes beyond setting up SSO for authentication and configuring your IdP. For reference on SSO for authentication, please refer to the authentication documentation.
Article is closed for comments.