Employee data is often siloed by technology - your complete list of current employees is contained within your HR system or SSO or other tool, but is not automatically synchronized with your communication tools. This leads to:
- Gaps in your communication plans
- Employees that miss out on communications
- Inability to personalize comms and target relevant communications to your employee groups
- Lack of insight into user engagement
SocialChorus User Sync creates a Unified Audience that unlocks employee data and powers your communications strategy providing stronger communications to your organization:
- Send emails to all employees or target any group of employees, regardless of registration status
- Reduce the need for manual bulk uploads, you'll be able to see all your employees and status in Program Studio
- Improve relevance of your communications to employee groups and elevate the overall employee communications experience
- Review metrics based on channel and employee attributes
How Does User Sync Work?
You provide your employee data to SocialChorus either through SFTP file upload, API call, or by configuring your program with SSO authentication. Then, we implement a User Sync that does the following:
- Import Users - add the users to your program before they register. Once they are visible on the Users page of Program Studio in the Created status, you can leverage the full power of Program Studio with those users. You can create groups, target channels, and target email campaigns.
- Import Attributes - synchronize your company data about the users with Program Studio. Then, you can create groups and target channels based on information such as department, working location, etc.
- Deprovision Users - block and demote users when they separate from your company so that they no longer have access to either the employee experience or Program Studio.
- Reprovision Users - if your employees return (such as seasonal employees) unblock their profiles automatically.
User Syncing ensures that employee data is always current between your systems and SocialChorus.
User Sync Options by Tool
Currently, the full power of User Sync requires that you provide your employee data to SocialChorus in a file via SFTP.
If you would like to leverage our API or SSO, only some aspects are currently available. We are working to expand the functionality of the API and SSO.
How to Set Up User Sync with SFTP?
If you are already sending in a file via SFTP, contact your Engagement Manager to implement User Sync options that you are not yet using.
If you would like to start sending employee data in a file via SFTP, please reach out to your Implementation Manager or Engagement Manager to initiate the changes in our backend. The exact file requirements will be discussed once you have initiated the integration, but be prepared to provide a file with the following:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Custom Attributes
- Alternate ID, for SSO programs this is the NameID
How to Set Up User Sync with API?
Refer to Deprovisioning API documentation.
How to Set Up User Sync with SSO?
Once your program is configured for SSO for authentication, the attributes are imported automatically. There is no additional step. For reference on SSO for authentication, please refer to the authentication documentation.