Thank you again to all of our attendees who joined us on our webinar! We hope you enjoyed learning more about our new Channel Contributors role in Studio.
Below you'll find a recording of the webinar, Q&A, and links to helpful articles in our Knowledge Base.
Please first submit your information to register. After submitting, you will be automatically redirected to the webpage to watch the on demand recording.
Note: a few users experienced intermittent issues hearing our presenter's audio during the webinar. We are evaluating offering a second session - please email email@example.com if you'd like to attend another live session.
Knowledge Base Articles
\Learn more about how to use Channel Contributors from our how-to articles here:
- What can \Channel Contributors do? See \Channel Contributor Role and \Permissions Table
- \How do Channel Contributors create content? See \Direct Publishing on Mobile
- \How do I give Channel Contributors access? See Add New Studio Users
- \How do I review Channel Contributors at the Channel level? See Create or Edit a Channel
Additional Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
These questions were asked during this webinar. Please review our documented answers below.
- Do the channel contributors get an email when you give them permissions?
It depends on the permission level they started with. If you are giving someone Studio access for the first time (either upgrading an existing Member or adding someone brand-new via Add User), yes, they will receive an automated email invite to join Studio which states who invited them and gives them a link to Studio.
If you are downgrading someone's existing Studio status to the Channel Contributor role, they will not receive an email.
- What permissions do CCs have?
In Studio, Channel Contributors can:
- create, publish, and archive content via Planner
- review post metrics within Planner
- set up smart campaigns
In the Employee Experience (web and mobile),Channel Contributors can:
- automatically publish content to assigned channels
- review metrics on their own posts
- Can channel contributors only submit content through the mobile version of the app? vs. the publisher portal?
No, Channel Contributors are able to directly publish content to their assigned channels from both the mobile app and in Studio.
- I'm on app version 3.6.0. I am an admin but I can only contribute an image, video and link. Is this available on an upcoming version?
Publishing Notes is available in version 3.6.1 of our mobile app, and Articles are available in 3.6.5. Direct publishing for Channel Contributors, Publishers, Program Managers, and Administrators is available in version 3.7.
- The link post had comments and sharing options turned on - how can we control that in mobile? Are those channel settings?
These settings are configurable within Studio but cannot be changed during the direct publishing process on mobile.
- In the author filter, is that just authors that have contributed to the channels you have contributor access to?
The author filter that displays to Channel Contributors will show them any user who has access to publish to that channel.