Note: Workplace Connector is a premium feature or service. This article only applies to your program if your Firstup contract includes this premium functionality. Please contact your Customer Success Manager with any questions about feature availability for your program.
This is a setup guide for integrating Firstup with Workplace from Facebook. Once fully configured both within Workplace and with Firstup, content from your Firstup program will automatically appear in Workplace.
The Workplace/Firstup Connector works by cross-publishing content from specific topics in your Firstup program to specific groups in Workplace. Consider which existing topics you want to pull content from, or create a new topic for this integration.
- Confirm that you have the following prerequisites:
- Administrator access to Workplace Essentials or Workplace Advanced
- At least one group in Workplace
- Access to Studio with Firstup
- At least one active, visible topic in Studio
- Sign into Workplace as an administrator.
- Navigate to the Workplace Integrations Directory. If you have Workplace open, you can follow these steps:
- Select the Admin Panel tab. The Admin Panel is only accessible if you are signed in as an administrator.
- Under Manage, select Integrations.
- Select the Browse Integrations Directory button.
- Search for 'Firstup'. If Firstup does not open automatically, select the Firstup application from the results.
- In the Firstup integration dialogue, click Add to Workplace.
- Select which Workplace groups you wish to add Firstup to.
- Click Add to Workplace.
- If you are not logged into the Firstup Studio, you will be prompted to do so. If you are already logged in, a blank page will temporarily appear and then disappear.
- Select the Firstup Program that you wish to add the Workplace/Firstup Connector to and click Continue.
- All topics in your program will be listed. Please configure each topic to point to the appropriate Workplace group. You can choose 'No Group' or specify an existing Workplace group. Click Continue.
- If you want to notify members of the groups that you added Firstup you can notify all members or specify the groups to notify. Select Send to notify the members.
To not send a notification simply select Don’t Send.
- The Workplace/Firstup Connector is now installed and newly published content will appear in the Workplace group.