When an emoji is inserted into a post using the publishing toolbar emoji selector in Classic Studio, the emoji does not appear in the shared (external) view of the article.
- Create an article post in Classic Studio.
- Select More Misc > Emojis from the publishing toolbar.
- Select an emoji to insert it into the article. In this example, the 'Smiling Face with Sunglasses'.
- Enable the Shareable option on the article.
- Publish the article.
- In the web experience, open up the article that was just published.
- You can see, that in the non-shareable (internal) article, the emoji displays as expected:
- Select the Share icon on the post, copy the Share Link.
- Open this link in a new tab. You will see that the emoji does not display in the shared (external) article view:
- Classic Studio
- Employee Experience (web - all browsers)
The template used by the external article view is unable to render emojis inserted from the emoji selector on the publishing toolbar in Classic Studio. If the emoji is inserted from an emoji selector on the user's operating system, or copy and pasted from another source, then the emoji displays as expected in the external article view.
This resolution outlines our best-known workaround or resolution to this issue. Please check the current status of this issue on the Known Issues Tracker. (Issue ID: CSUP-22, formerly PUB-1039)
- As a workaround, emojis should be entered using the emoji picker from the user's operating system (Win+. or Win+; on Windows) and (Control + ⌘ Cmd + Space on MacOS).
- Alternatively, the user can copy and paste the emoji from another source (such as https://emojipedia.org/).