When opening the mobile app, an error is encountered and the program cannot be opened:
- "Cannot use this on a Insecure Device."
- "Due to security reasons this app cannot be used on rooted devices or with Developer Options enabled."
- "Due to security reasons this app cannot be used on rooted devices or with USB debugging enabled."
- Android 3.6.0
- Android 3.6.1
Confirm that Developer Options is disabled or upgrade to 3.6.1.
- To disable Developer Options, you may need to unhide Developer Options first, then disable. The exact steps to disable Developer Options will be unique to your device and OS version.
- You can also upgrade to the SocialChorus Android App version 3.6.1 or higher - in version 3.6.1 and up Developer Options can be enabled and still access the mobile app.
- USB debugging - an option under Developer Options, turn off USB Debugging to enable access to the mobile app.
- Rooted device
- Access to the mobile app will be denied as long as your phone has elevated access, also known as 'rooted'. 'Unroot' your device to enable access to the mobile app.
- Some Android models are shipped with security vulnerabilities that trigger our rooted device detection. Resolution may require that you upgrade your OS or reset to factory settings (after taking a backup). Please see this 3rd party article for more details on some devices shipped with security flaws.
- If none of the above apply to your device, please try contacting your device support.
To maintain the highest security standards, promote the safety of our customers' data, and align with industry-wide best practices, SocialChorus has implemented a verification on the Android mobile app 3.6.0 and up to ensure that the Android phone is secure.