In some cases, you might find that you want to change a post's type after it's created or published. For example, if an employee submits a photo, you might want to turn that into an article to add additional details and apply an article template.
Note, there are limitations on which types can be converted to other types. Articles can be changed to Link or Image. Link or Image posts can be changed to Article. All other types, such as Video, Note, or Poll cannot be changed to another type at all.
- While creating or editing a post, click More.
- Select Change Post Type.
- Choose a new content type.
- Make any necessary changes and Save, Publish, or Schedule.
When converting the publisher retains metadata about your post, so that nothing is lost in the process. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Author (in the case of submitted content)
- Featured status
- Publish and Archive dates