Sometimes a post stops being relevant content for users. At any time a post can be archived. If the post becomes relevant again then the post can be restored from archive.
What Does Archive Do?
- If the post was visible to a member, Archive will make the post disappear from the member view. This includes everywhere that the post may have been visible - My Feed, within Channels, Bookmarks, etc.
- On the Content page archived posts are listed under the Archived tab. Program Managers and Publishers can look at posts on the Archived tab at any time. Move to Draft and Edit are both available options for posts under the Archived tab.
Archive a Post
- Open the Content page by selecting the menu in the top left and navigate to Publish > Content.
- There are two options - archive content immediately, or schedule an archive date.
- Archive Immediately: While on the Content page under the Published, Scheduled, For Review, Draft, or Processing tab, locate the post and click on Archive.
- Archive Later: While on the Content page under any tab, select Edit. While editing a post, you can click on Archive in the bottom right to schedule a specific archive date (or change a scheduled archive date to Never).
Restore or Re-Publish an Archived Post
While on the Content page and under the Archived tab, click on Move to Drafts. The card will move to the Drafts tab, where it can be edited before re-publishing.
Alternatively, click on Edit, make all desired changes, change the Archive date to Never or a later date, and then click Publish.