Sometimes a channel stops having relevant content for users. At any time a channel can be archived. If the channel becomes relevant again then the channel can be restored from the archive.
What Does Archive Do?
- If the channel was visible to a member, Archive will make the channel and all content in the channel disappear from the member view.
- The channel is no longer searchable or visible under Discover.
- On the Channels page archived channels are listed under the Archived tab. Publishers, Program Managers, and Administrators can look at channels on the Archived tab at any time. Edit is an available option for channels under the Archived tab.
- The Planner page will no longer show the channel or content in the archived channel.
How to Archive an Active or Hidden Channel
- Open the Channels page by selecting the menu in the top left and navigate to Publish > Channels.
- While on the Channels page under the Active tab or Hidden tab, click on the three dots to the right of the channel's name and select Archive.
Note: My Feed cannot be archived because My Feed serves as the default starting point for all users in the mobile and web experience (called Latest on web).
How to Restore an Archived Channel
Archived channels can be restored to the Active tab or Hidden tab using the Restore option. Restore also returns the content in the channel to the Planner page.
To restore an archived channel, navigate to the Channels page under the Archived tab click on the three dots to the right of the channel's name and select Restore.