Below we detail product updates for the Firstup platform (Experience) scheduled for release in April 2022.
Search Bar Updates (Web Experience)
We’ve made our search bar more easily and visually accessible on Web Experience, by reducing the amount of clicks to reach the search functionality!
What has changed?
- The header layout on Web
- Icons, search bar, logo, hamburger menu have been repositioned
- Clicking logo navigates back to program landing page
- Hamburger Menu
- Home link has been added to the hamburger menu for secondary access
- Added program secondary color to hamburger menu links on hover or when on the current page
- Search Functionality
- The search results return a heading (Search posts for “search term”) with the number of results found.
- A label will be added below the heading with the number of results found: “8 results found”.
- This will be the same functionality for all content types or filters (Posts, Channels, Directory, etc.) throughout the program experience.
Header Layout on Homepage
Hamburger Menu: Program Secondary Color Used for Hovering
Search Results Updates
Accessibility: Web Experience Headings
We’ve made updates to the Web Experience homepage to be more accessible for screen readers, including addressing color contrast issues, as well as the addition of alt text.