Experience Registration Status
A user's experience status indicates the user's current registration status in the employee experience (mobile app and web experience).
- Created - added to the program's list of users, but the user has not started to register in the employee experience yet.
- Invited - invitation to register for the employee experience has been sent to the user.
- Registering - started to register but has not completed registration yet. Depending on the program, the user may be able to see public content (shareable content open to all users).
- Registered - completed registration and can fully access the employee experience, including the ability to share content.
There is no registration status for Studio.
If a user appears as Blocked then they are blocked from accessing either the employee experience or Studio and they will not receive emails or notifications from the program.
A user's program role indicates the level of permission to access your program - employee experience only or employee experience and Studio. Studio-level roles have different levels of access within Studio.
Not able to access Studio, only allowed to access the employee experience (mobile app or web experience). Experience status indicates if the Member can access the full feed or must still complete registration.
Able to see pages under Measure in Studio for a specific program.
Able to see pages under both Publish and Measure in Studio for a specific program.
Able to see all sections (Publish, Connect, Measure, Manage, Configure) of Studio for a specific program. Able to grant (or demote) other Program Managers, Publishers, Channel Contributors, and Analysts.
Able to see all sections of all programs within an organization in Studio. Able to edit the role and notification settings of all users including Administrators and other Studio users. Previously known as Brand Manager.
Roles Permission Table
|Action||Administrator||Program Manager||Publisher||Channel Contributor||Analyst|
|Create, publish, and archive content||*|
|Set content to commentable or shareable|
|Schedule Smart Campaigns||*|
|Review metrics via Planner||*|
|Review metrics via Measure|
|Channels - create, edit, target, and assign Channel Contributors|
|Send email and push notifications via Connect|
|Create, edit, export groups|
|Modify settings under Configure|
|Manage non-Administrator user details and role|
|Manage Administrator-level user details and role|
|Full access to all programs within the organization|
*Within assigned channels only. Channel Contributors can:
- Only see content that is targeted to their assigned channels or a post that they created which is not yet targeted to any channels.
- Only edit or archive posts that are exclusively published to their assigned channels (Channel Contributors cannot edit a post targeted to both their channel and an unassigned channel).
- Only see post metrics that are visible within Planner (Reach etc.).
- Only send smart campaigns to users that are following their assigned channels.
- These restrictions only apply based on content's targeted channels - there are no restrictions regarding who authored the content. If a Program Manager publishes to a channel that a Channel Contributor can see, then the Channel Contributor could modify the content.
What Can the Different Roles See in Studio?
Program Manager or Administrator
Administrator accounts are unique from other roles as they operate at the organization level instead of the program level.
Administrator accounts are managed through a specific program's user page like other users, but an Administrator's account appears in all programs within the program's organization. For example, if you create an Administrator in one program, they will become an Administrator in all programs within that organization.
In contrast, a user can be a Member of one program and a Program Manager in another program within the same organization. If the user is promoted to Administrator they would instantly become an Administrator in all programs within the organization.
Permissions note: only Administrators can make new Administrators or edit existing Administrators (including editing an Administrator to demote them to another role).
Enable Content Submission Notifications
Channel Contributors, Publishers, Program Managers, and Administrators can receive email notifications when users submit posts in the web or mobile app.
These notifications are sent from email@example.com to the email address associated with the Studio account. The Click Here link in the email will direct Studio users to the submitted content that need to be reviewed in Planner.
These notifications are disabled by default but can be enabled by each user from Studio by following the steps below.
- Sign in to Studio.
- Select Profile > Edit Account.
- Edit the Content Submission Notifications settings:
- If Disabled: the user will not receive emails for any submitted posts.
- If Enabled and the user is an Administrator, Program Manager, or Publisher:
- The user will receive emails for all submitted posts that require approval.
- If Enabled and the user is a Channel Contributor:
- The user will receive notifications only for Channels that they are a Channel Contributor for.