Topic names and content will appear in the member experience exactly as they appear in Studio. If your program has Translations enabled, content posts can be translated by individual users in the employee experience. Please refer to Translatable Content for more information.
The navigation elements of the web experience and mobile app are automatically localized to the preferred language of the user's device or browser. All features, buttons, navigation options, and settings will display in the preferred language if it is one of our Available Languages.
Exception: only the default Quick Links (Featured, Latest, Trending, and Discover/Resources) and preset Featured labels (Featured, Employee Spotlight, etc.) will be localized to the user's browser's language setting. If you manually set a custom Quick Link or custom Featured label then it will not be translated based on the user's preferred language setting.
Note, the preferred language of a device is configured outside of our product. Directions for changing the preferred language of a device or browser vary from device to device. Example instructions (third party links):
- Change the language on your Apple iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Change the language on Android
- Change the language on your web browser - due to the variety of browsers and operating systems, we recommend using a web search for "[browser name] [operating system] preferred language" to find appropriate instructions
Below you'll find an example of our navigation localization for an iOS device set to Spanish:
Available Languages for Localization
Version & Platform Note: localization is available in the web and mobile app experience. The mobile app localizations are specific to the mobile app version. Unless otherwise noted, the following languages are supported in mobile app version 2.7.2 and up.
For Navigation Localization we support languages that use UTF-8 characters. At this time, Firstup is only able to support languages that read from left to right (ie we do not localize to languages that read from right to left or down to up).
The supported languages are:
- Chinese (Simplified)
- Chinese (Traditional)
- Finnish (Mobile: 4.1.2 and up)
- Hungarian (Mobile: 4.1.2 and up)
- Indonesian (Mobile: 4.40 and up)
- Malay (Mobile: 4.1.2 and up)
- Norwegian (Mobile: 4.4.0 and up)
- Serbian (Mobile: 4.0.6 and up)
- Somali (Mobile: 4.2.0 and up)
- Turkish (Mobile: 4.1.2 and up)
For a list of languages available for translation of content, please refer to the Translatable Setting article.
Article is closed for comments.