Without customization, email campaigns from your program with SocialChorus will have the from address and reply-to address of firstname.lastname@example.org. Having this default assures that you can start sending emails as soon as we activate a new program for you. However, we know that you will probably want your emails to look like they came from your organization! You may also want multiple addresses to choose from, as some communications may come "from the program" while others are specific, like "from Marketing".
Program Managers and Administrators have the ability to add multiple customized email contact addresses to your program. Any one of these addresses can be set as the new default for all new campaigns. Then, when editing an email campaign or smart campaign Studio users can leave the default in place or choose from the list of active addresses.
Note: Before setting up custom senders, please review technical recommendations outlined in the articles Allowlist SocialChorus Emails and Make SocialChorus a Trusted Sender. This technical setup must be completed for each domain, but not each individual email address.
In Studio, open the Senders page under Connect to review all of your contact addresses.
Create a New Contact Address
To create a new contact address, sign in to Studio as an Administrator or Program Manager. Navigate to the Connect > Sender page.
Select Create in the top right of the Connect > Senders page. Fill out all the fields and Save.
Contact address settings:
- Name - Only visible in Studio.
- Description - Only visible in Studio.
- From Name - The name that appears to recipients as the sender of the email.
- From Address - The email address that appears to recipients as the sender of the email.
- Reply-to Address - The email address to which users can respond with questions or feedback.
- 'On Behalf Of' - When enabled, this will display the From information as "on behalf of". For example, "From: email@example.com on behalf of Van Nguyen".
- Custom Physical Address - Defaults to No, which uses the SocialChorus headquarters address. If you switch to Yes and enter a custom physical address, the address is required to be CAN-SPAM compliant.
- Select Contributor Channels - Select one or more channels to grant access to Channel Contributors to use this email address when configuring Smart Campaigns. If you select 'All Channels' then all Channel Contributors with at least one assigned channel will be able to choose this email address.
Warning: The domain implements restrictions...
When configuring a new contact address, you may see a warning such as:
“The domain <domain.com> implements restrictions that might block email delivery.
Run tests and/or check with the IT department in charge to avoid deliverability issues.”
Don't worry, this is easy to address! This warning does not mean that email delivery issues are guaranteed to happen, the warning is meant to prompt review of a possible domain impersonation with your IT department. If you see this error, we recommend testing an email campaign before setting the new address as default and before selecting the address when sending an email campaign to end users.
If there are any delivery issues, please refer to our instructions for how to resolve impersonation detection issues.
Set an Address as Default
Click on the three dots next to an active contact address and choose Set Default. The default contact address will be updated in existing campaigns that are set to the default address. You can only designate one contact address as the default at a time.
A Studio user creating or editing an email campaign can choose a non-default contact address if one is available.
Pro-tip: Set the default sender's contributor channels to 'All Channels'. This assures that your Channel Contributors have at least one sender address to choose from.
Archive an Address
You can Archive or Restore contact addresses at any time. This will not change the sender/reply-to of email campaigns that have already been created. Archive or Restore of sender addresses will only change which contact addresses are available for selection when manually editing the sender on a campaign.