Almost all groups in the SocialChorus platform update automatically to include users who meet the criteria and remove those who don’t. This ensures that the users in the group are always up-to-date and correct so you can use them in any part of the SocialChorus platform.
However, there may be times where you want to capture a static list of users who are in a group at a specific moment in time. Snapshots act like a user list that does not update.
Snapshots can be leveraged to track growth over time (e.g. how many iOS users you had on January 1, 2020 versus July 1, 2020), retarget specific users with campaigns, and review data for reporting purposes. Anywhere you can target or report on groups you can target or report on a snapshot as well.
Create a Snapshot
You can create a Snapshot from an existing group or from a new custom group.
- Open the Groups page by clicking the stack icon in the upper left corner and navigating to Manage → Groups.
- Follow these steps to create and save a new group. Or, search for an existing group.
- If there is least one user in the group, you will see a Create Snapshot button in the top right corner of the page.
- You cannot create a Snapshot of zero users.
- You cannot create a Snapshot of a new, unsaved group.