You can use your existing document files — such as PDFs, Word documents, Excel sheets, and Powerpoint decks – and distribute them to employees using your app.
Upload and attach one or more files up to 100 MB to an article post so that your users can download or view the attachment. Every uploaded file is scanned to ensure it is safe for users to access and is stored securely in our AWS S3 server.
The attachment can only be viewed or downloaded by a user with access to your program. If you mark the article as shareable, external users can see the article but the attached files can still only be accessed by signed-in members.
Download Note: depending on the device (iOS, Android, web browser), a user may be restricted to viewing the attachment in a web view or may need to download the file and then open the file in a native viewer. Due to the variance of devices and browsers, there is no option to completely stop downloads from occurring across all access points.
Metrics on download history are not available.
Supported File Types
- DOC (Microsoft Word)
- PDF (Adobe)
- XLS (Microsoft Excel)
- PPT (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- ICS (Calendar)
- Note: ICS files will open in the user’s local calendar app. Tapping or clicking an ICS file does not prompt the user to download Outlook.
Uploading and Attaching a File to an Article
- Create a new post and choose content type Article, or edit an existing Article post.
- Place your cursor in the body of the article. Note, you can upload a document file in the middle of a body of text or at the top or bottom of the body, just like an image file!
- Select the three dots and then Upload File in the editing toolbar.
- Drag & Drop a file, or click inside the box to select the file using your computer's file browser. The file size limit is 100 MB.
- The file preview appears - the file type, name, size, and scan status, is automatically uploaded and embedded into the body of your article.
Not Authorized preview appears if the Studio user is not logged into the Employee Experience.
If signed in, the Studio user will see the file preview that is visible to Members.
- Publish the article.
- From the web and mobile experience, users can download or view the attachment.
Note: if the file is downloaded, users are able to transfer the downloaded file to other users. We are only able to control the access to the file hosted by us, we cannot control what the user does with a file after download.
Article is closed for comments.