Now you can use your existing document files — such as PDFs, Word documents, Excel sheets, and Powerpoint decks – and distribute them to employees using your app.
Upload and attach one or more files up to 100 MB to an article post so that your users can download the attachment. Every uploaded file is scanned to ensure it is safe for users to download and stored securely in our AWS S3 server.
The attachment can be accessed and downloaded by a user with access to your program. Even if you mark the article as shareable, the attached files can only be accessed by signed in members.
At this time, uploaded files cannot be disabled for download and metrics on download history are not available.
Supported File Types
- .doc (Microsoft Word)
- .pdf (Adobe)
- .xls (Microsoft Excel)
- .ppt (Microsoft PowerPoint)
- .ics (Calendar)
- Note: .ics files will open in the user’s local calendar app. Tapping or clicking an .ics file does not prompt the user to download Outlook.
Uploading and Attaching a File to an Article
- Create a new post and choose content type Article, or edit an existing Article post.
- Place your cursor in the body of the article. Note, you can upload a document file in the middle of a body of text or at the top or bottom of the body, just like an image file!
- Select Upload File in the editing toolbar.
- Drag & Drop a file, or click inside the box to select the file using your computer's file browser. The file size limit is 100 MB.
- The file preview appears - the file type, name, size, and scan status, is automatically uploaded and embedded into the body of your article.
Not Authorized preview appears if the Studio user is not logged into the Employee Experience.
If signed in, the Studio user will see the file preview that is visible to Members.
- Publish the article.
- From the web and mobile experience, users can download the attachments to their device and view them in the native viewer.