We generally recommend using video posts for videos, as the video card promotes engagement with the play icon. However, sometimes you want more context (maybe pages of context!) around the video - in this case, you can embed a video in an article.
How to Embed Video in an Article
To embed a video in an article, you must be in the full editor (not quick editing from the Planner page) and select either code view or insert video from the article menu.
Insert Video URL from YouTube or Vimeo
If your video is hosted on YouTube or Vimeo, you can use insert video to embed the video using just a plain URL.
Get Embed Codes from Public Video Host
If the video is hosted on a publicly accessible website like YouTube, Vimeo, Wistia, or Kaltura, you can copy the embed code from those websites. For some privacy, hosts like YouTube have an "Unlisted" so that the public can't search for your video and only users with the URL can watch the video. However you configure the video, it must be accessible without entering credentials in order to work after embedding in a SocialChorus post.
Once you've made your video and uploaded it to a site like Vimeo or YouTube, grab the URL for the video by clicking the "Share" option under the video and then choose the "Embed" option.
For example, the following iframe code will embed a video with 100% width and a height of 500 pixels (a comfortable size). To embed the video using this exact code, all you need to update is the <URL>:
<iframe allowfullscreen="" width="100%" height="500px" src="<URL>"frameborder="0"></iframe>
Once you have the embed code, return to your Article post and enter Code View to paste the embed code.
Get Embed Codes from SocialChorus Video Cards
If the video cannot be hosted on YouTube or Vimeo, but you still need an embed code, then you can upload your video to SocialChorus and pull embed code from SocialChorus.
- Click Create Post on the Planner page in Studio and choose Video.
- Upload your video file (MP4 or MOV file up to 500 MB).
- If you will be embedding the video across multiple programs, toggle the shareable option to ON in the right menu. If your video will just be embedded in one program, you can keep the Shareable toggle OFF.
- Wait until the video has completed processing.
- Save the post as a draft or publish (see next to last step for more detail).
- Click <> Embed Code next to the video thumbnail.
- Decide if you want the video to autoplay.
- Copy the code.
- Exit from the editor view for the video.
- Do not delete the video post. Deleting the video post will make the video inaccessible to the embedded view. You may even want to name the post "Do Not Delete - embedded in <article name>."
- The video post can be saved as draft, published, or even archived without affecting the embedded version of the video.
- If published, the video can be published to any channel including public, targeted, or hidden.
- Return to your article post and enter Code View to paste the embed code.
Embedded Video Preview Note
If you pull the video embed code from a video post in SocialChorus and then embed the video in a SocialChorus article, the preview may not load the video for you in Studio.
- "Video is Not Available" - confirm that the video has completed processing and that the post has not been deleted.
- "This video is only available if you are logged into <APP NAME>" - resolve by signing into the web experience OR by making the original video post shareable. This error will appear if the Video is not shareable AND you are not signed into the web experience.