Version Note: full poll functionality is only enabled for programs on mobile app version 4.1.0+. If your program has not yet upgraded to version 4.1.0 or above, you may not have access to all poll features outlined below.
Permission Note: polls appear as an available content type in Planner for Program Managers and Administrators only.
Each poll presents a single question to your users that you can use to gather quick feedback or information. Polls offer instant delivery of results, trackable metrics, and can be tied to a Smart Campaign for increased visibility.
Members that are part of the poll's target audience will receive a notification only in Assistant under 'To Dos' when using both the web experience and mobile app. (Polls created in Classic Studio will not appear in the user's feed.) From Assistant, the user can view and respond to the poll until the poll's duration is complete.
How to Create a Poll
- Sign into Studio as a Program Manager or Administrator.
- Create a new post.
- Select Poll from the content types.
- Click on the current poll type in the top left to change the selection. Choose between Single Choice, Multiple Choice, Satisfaction, Stars, or Yes/No. You can change your poll type at any time, even after editing the poll text and settings.
Pro Tip: scroll down to choose a Recommended Poll. Use the pre-written text as a starting point for your own needs.
- Click Use Poll Type or Create to return to the editor view.
- Set the question and, depending on the poll type, list 2-5 answers.
- Choose an author for the poll.
- Click on duration to customize the poll duration down to the day and hour (365 day maximum).
- Click on schedule to set the publish time for now or in the future.
- Optional: assign one or more initiatives.
- Optional: check "show results to users". By default, the results will not be displayed. If you check "show results to users" then each user will get a quick snapshot of the current results after they submit their answer.
- Select one or more groups to receive the poll.
- Note: the audience is static once the poll has been published. New users are not added to the audience if they are added to the target group(s).
- Optional: promote the poll with announcements and reminders via email and/or push notification with a Smart Campaign.
- Save your work.
- Select Save to keep a copy of the post as a draft.
- Select Publish or Schedule to publish the post.
After your post has been seen by members, be sure to monitor the poll results!