Experience Registration Status
A user's experience status indicates the user's current registration status in the employee experience (mobile app and web experience).
- Created - added to the program's list of users, but the user has not started to register in the employee experience yet.
- Invited - invitation to register for the employee experience has been sent to the user.
- Registering - started to register but has not completed registration yet. Depending on the program, the user may be able to see public content(shareable content open to all users).
- Registered - completed registration and can fully access the employee experience, including the ability to share content.
There is no registration status for Studio.
If a user appears as Blocked then they are blocked from accessing either the employee experience or Studio and they will not receive emails or notifications from the program.
A user's program role indicates the level of permission to access your program - employee experience only or employee experience and Studio. Studio-level roles have different levels of access within the Studio.
Not able to access Studio, only allowed to access the employee experience (mobile app or web experience). Experience status indicates if the Member can access the full feed or must still complete registration.
Able to see the Analyze page underMeasurein Studio for a specific program.
Optional: Channel Contributors may be able to access Connect if your program enables this functionality.
Able to see pages under both Publish and Measure in Studio for a specific program.
Able to see all sections (Publish, Connect, Measure, Manage, Configure)of Studio for a specific program. Able to grant (or demote) other Program Managers, Publishers, Channel Contributors, and Analysts.
Able to see all sections of Studio for all programs within an organization in Studio. Able to edit the role and notification settings of all users including Administrators and other Studio users.
Administrator accounts are unique from other roles as they operate at the organization level instead of the program level. If your organization has more than one program, you may want at least one Administrator to help manage all of the programs.
Administrator accounts are managed through a specific program's user page like other users, but an Administrator's account appears in all programs within the program's organization. For example, if you create an Administrator in one program, they will become an Administrator in all programs within that organization.
In contrast, a user can be a Member of one program and a Program Manager in another program within the same organization. If the user is promoted to Administrator they would instantly become an Administrator in all programs within the organization.
Roles Permission Table
|Action||Administrator||Program Manager||Publisher||Channel Contributor||Analyst|
|Create, publish, and archive content from Studio||a|
|Create and manage polls|
|Direct publishing from web or mobile||b|
|Assign another Studio user as the Author||c|
|Hide drafted content|
|Manage initiatives - create, edit, disable, delete|
|Manage channels - create, edit, target, and assign Channel Contributors|
||Set up Smart Campaign, including Sender||a|
|Create and send email and push notifications via Connect||a,c|
|Target all users in the program||a,c|
|METRICS||Review post metrics via Planner||a|
|Review post metrics and other program data via Measure|
|Review campaign metrics via Connect||a,c|
|USER MANAGEMENT||Create, edit, export groups|
|Manage non-Administrators - edit details, block, forget, change roles|
|OTHER||Modify program settings under Configure|
|Modify organization settings under Configure|
|Full access to all programs within the organization|
Channel Contributor Details
- Always see their own untargeted drafts (posts or campaigns).
- Only see posts created by others that include at least one assigned channel.
- Only see campaigns created by others that are exclusively targeted to their assigned channel audience.
- Only edit or archive posts or campaigns that are exclusively published to their assigned channels. For example, this means that Channel Contributors cannot edit items that are targeted to both their channel and an unassigned channel.
- Only see metrics associated with the channels that they have access to, and they can only see metrics that are visible within the pages they have access to, such as on the Planner page or Connect page. Channel Contributors cannot follow links to reports on the Analyze page.
- When configuring campaigns (Smart Campaigns or via Connect), target users subscribed to their assigned channels.c
- There are no restrictions regarding who created the content or campaigns. For example, if a Program Manager publishes content to a channel that a Channel Contributor can see, then the Channel Contributor could modify the content.
b Direct publishing has limitations for Channel Contributors in addition to assigned channels. Please refer to the article on direct publishing for more detail.
Please contact your SocialChorus Account Team for more information about enabling or disabling these optional program settings.
- Publish as Different Author - by default, Channel Contributors can only publish as themselves or "the program". An optional program setting is to open up access to Channel Contributors to choose any Registered Studio user as Author, just like Administrators, Program Managers, and Publishers.
- Connect Access - by default, Channel Contributors cannot access the Connect section. An optional program setting is to open up access to Connect so that Channel Contributors can create emails from the Campaign page.
- Targeted Audiences - by default, Channel Contributors can only target users that are following their assigned channels (groups such as Subscribed to: <channel>). An optional program setting is to allow Channel Contributors to target all users that are targeted by their assigned channels. This refers to targeting audiences while creating a campaign, such as email or Smart Campaign.
Find out more on how to leverage the Channel Contributor role in your community.