Note: direct publishing is not available via the web experience. If you are an authorized user and find yourself submitting content via the web experience, we recommend switching to Program Studio or the mobile app.
With direct publishing, authorized users (Administrators, Program Managers, Publishers, and Channel Contributors) can create and publish posts directly from the mobile app (version 3.7+). If a channel is targeted then the studio users must be included in the channel targeting in order to be able to leverage direct publishing.
Direct publishing leverages the same mobile content submission workflow Members follow, but instead of resulting in a post that needs review, posts created by authorized users will automatically be published to the selected channels:
- Administrators, Program Managers, and Publishers can immediately publish to any channel from their mobile app, whether the channel is set to auto publish or not.
- Channel Contributors can publish directly to their assigned channels (whether those channels are set to auto publish or not). Posts in non-assigned channels will be treated like a submission from a Member.
How to Create Content on Mobile
Follow the steps outlined in this article to create a piece of content on mobile. Depending on your mobile app version, you may have access to different content types (Article submission is available in version 3.6.5+).
After selecting Send To, depending on level of Studio access, users will see the following options:
- Publish to your channels: listed channels where a user has full publishing permissions, if the user is an Administrator or Channel Contributor. When a Channel Contributor post to any of their channels from the mobile app, their post will be immediately published and bypass the needs review process.
- Publish automatically: channels that have auto-publish enabled for user submissions
- Publish with approval: channels that do not have auto-publish enabled for user submissions
Select at least one channel and tap Post to publish your content.
How to Edit Content on Mobile
Follow the steps outlined in the submit and edit content article to edit any content you've created from the mobile app.
How to Analyze Your Content on Mobile
At any time, post authors can see in more detail how their posts are performing.
- Log into the mobile app.
- Tap the Profile icon in the bottom navigation bar.
- Under Recent Activity, find the post you're looking to review. Open the post.
- Tap the down arrow to open up the post metrics:
- Reach: The total count of users that have interacted with the post
- Opened: Total number of times the post was opened
- Likes: Total number of likes on the post
- Comments: Total number of comments on the post