The Author section under Publish Settings allows you to choose what author name is displayed on a content card in your program.
When creating a new piece of content or editing an existing content card, you can select between two options:
- Program Name
- this is the default setting
- content will appear to be published by the program itself
- associated image is pulled from Program Icon
- Specific User
- first name and last name of the Program Studio account you're currently logged into
- the account that you are signed in under must be a Registered user (registered via the employee experience)
- content will be published by this specific user
- associated image is pulled from photo in User Profile
Publish as Different Author
There may be times where you'd like to post on behalf of another user, or create a post attributed to a specific individual (such as your CEO's name).
In order to publish as a different user, you'll need to create a new Program Studio account and log into that account.
- In Program Studio, visit the Users page
- Click 'Add Users'
- Type in a first name, last name, Program Studio permission level, and email address*
*Make sure you have access to the email address above as you will need to verify the email address and create a Program Studio password from a link sent to the email address above.
If your email address is firstname.lastname@example.org, you can use an email address like ann.smith+CEO@elevationendurance.com if you want the emails to be sent to you.
- Set up the Program Studio account by clicking invitation email sent to email address above and create a password.
- Once logged in with this account, when creating content in Studio, you'll see the Author option under Publish Settings. You can click on the author to change the author to the name of the Program Studio user you're now logged in as.
If you follow the steps above to create a new Program Studio user to publish on behalf of a specific user (e.g. your CEO's name), please note that your CEO may also have their own account to access the app. As a result, your users may see two accounts when they search for that specific user's name via Search.