What Are Quick Links?
Your members can access four quick links at the top of the web experience. By default, these quick links take the user to other areas of the web experience such as Featured content, Latest feed, Trending content, and either Discover or Resources. Program Managers and Administrators can customize the quick links to take users to important websites such as payroll, timesheets, expenses, or intranet pages.
Example of the member's web experience:
Quick Feature Contrast:
- Resources act as a content repository for both web and mobile app users. Content can be as varied as content post types (link, image, article with a document attached, etc.).
- Quick Links help your web users quickly access your top four web pages. Quick Links appear to all web experience users (not mobile users, and no targeting).
- Targeted Link Collections lead both web experience and mobile app users to the most important company tools and systems. You can target a collection to specific groups.
Quick Link Strategy
There are only four Quick Links and they will appear to all of your users. So, think of the top tools that anyone accessing your web experience would find useful. Examples of employee resources and services are:
- HR System - PTO balances, pay stubs, etc.
- Travel services
- Time tracking
- Salesforce or other related CRMs
- Marketing platforms
- File sharing tools like Google, Dropbox or Box
- Asset management systems
- Other pages within the web experience - such as Assistant Integrations
Only the default Quick Links (Featured, Latest, Trending, and Discover/Resources) will be localized to the user's browser's language setting. If you set a custom Quick Link, it will not be translated.
To access the quick link configuration, open Studio and navigate to Configure Program and then the User Experience page. Scroll down to the quick links section.
Click on a quick link to edit the name, description, URL, and/or image. Character limits and image requirements are displayed in Studio. The icon is displayed at 30 x 30 pixels, but we recommend up to 100 x 100 pixels for better resolution.
Check the box to open the URL link in new tab. Use Convert to Greyscale to help your icon blend in with the existing defaults.
When you are done updating the quick links, save your changes by clicking Done. Allow a few minutes for the web experience to update with any changes.
Click Reset All to restore all four quick links to the default configuration.
If your program is using Resources to help users find important content, we recommend that you leave at least one quick link pointing to Resources. If you do remove Resources from the quick links, Resources can still be accessed in the web experience by opening the stack icon.
You cannot remove any quick links or add more quick links - there are only four quick links.