This article reviews how to create a post of any content type. For details about the content types please refer to Content Type Details.
Steps to Create a New Post
- Open the Planner page by selecting the top left menu and navigate to Publish > Planner.
- From any view on the Planner page (month, week, day, or list), select Add Post in the top right corner.
You can also create a new post by clicking on the day view. If no post has been created or published for that day, you will see a prompt to Start a new post.
- From the quick create window, choose your content type.
The Content Source Is...
custom content, files to attach
Link to a webpage
Image file &
For more details about the content types please refer to Content Type Details.
*Version Note: Note cards are only fully available for programs with a mobile app version of 3.4.0 or higher. If a member is on a mobile app version earlier than 3.4.0, the member will simply see the Note post displayed as an Article card without an image.
- Click Edit in Publisher to enter the full page editor with all editing options, or finish the following from the quick create window:
- add title or description depending on the content type
- select optional publish date and time
- choose author from the dropdown menu
- add any internal post notes to help your team finish creating the post
Click save to create a placeholder post under your drafts filter to edit at a later date.
If you selected Edit in Publisher, you'll see the full page editor on your screen. Click the top buttons to navigate between post metrics, publish settings, post notes, and audit history. When creating a new post, the metrics tab will be blank. The publish settings tab allows you to configure the remainder of your post, and the post notes tab displays the internal notes you or a fellow publisher added when quick creating the post. The audit history displays a full breakdown of all events related to the post. The audit will track the name of the user, the associated action they took, and the time that it occurred. Click the hyperlinked name to open up their user profile under the Users page in Program Studio.
Depending on the type of post, create the content using one or more of the following methods:
Configure publish settings:
- Publish - By default publish is set to publish now. Click on Publish: Now and then Schedule for Later. The time you select is based on the device time of the user publishing content. The content will be published into the app for all users at the same time.
- Archive - By default archive is set to never archive. Click on Archive: Off and then Later to choose a date for the card to be archived automatically. The archive date can be adjusted at any time after publishing.
- Author - You can leave as the default (content appears to be published by the program itself) or you can click on the author to select yourself or a fellow Publisher, Program Manager, or Administrator from the dropdown menu. The user you are trying to publish as must be a Registered user (registered via the Employee Experience), otherwise you will not see their name under the Author field.
- Channels - Target content to at least one channel using the plus button to select one or more channels for the content to appear in. You can edit the post to unselect channels or add additional channels at any time before or after publishing the card.
- Feature - Switch to on in order to make this content appear on the Highlights tab. Once turned on, customize the label.
- Shareable - You can turn this on to make the share icon appear to user. When turned on, Share Message becomes available.
- Commentable - Switch to on to make commenting available to your users.
- Smart Campaigns - Only available to Program Managers and Administrators. Configure a Smart Campaign to start running when the post is published.
- Save your work
- Select save or save draft to keep a copy of the card as a draft. You can return to the draft under the drafts filter and select continue editing. Then publish when you are ready.
- Select publish or schedule to set publish the card.
- The green button says publish if the card is set to publish immediately. When you click publish, the post becomes available to members immediately.
- The green button says schedule if you have scheduled a specific time for publishing. When you click schedule, the post will appear with published status scheduled. Then, at the scheduled time the post will move to the published status and become available to members.
Inspirations are content suggestions by date that are curated and hosted by SocialChorus. All images and text that are available in Inspirations are free to use and royalty-free. Every day of the year has at least one inspiration provided. Suggested Inspirations include:
- World Holidays
- Daily Celebrations
- Fun Facts
- This Day in History
Under the day view, if there are no posts on a given day, you will see suggested Inspirations. Hover over the available options to fill the post and then click an Inspiration open the quick create window.
You can also access the list of Inspirations by selecting add post in the top right corner to open the quick create window. Click the arrow to the left of the quick create window to open the Inspiration side panel. Click the arrows to switch days to view different Inspirations.