Content Planner is your one-stop-shop for creating, managing, and measuring your content strategy. On the Planner page, studio users can create and schedule posts, manage items that need review, and view performance trends on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis regardless of type or source.
Permissions Note: all content can be viewed, edited, published, or archived at any time by any studio user with access to the Publish area of Program Studio. Review role permissions here.
Open Planner by navigating to Publish > Planner.
Easily move through the different views to see your content and metrics at the level of detail that you need - day, week, month, or as a list.
Use the day view to see details about your scheduled and published content. The day view and list view are the only views where you can see the content images.
- Headline, content type, channels, author pic, associated campaigns, and image thumbnail
- Depending on publish status, you will see published time, scheduled publish time, or draft or archived status
- Reach or Estimated Reach can be seen if available
- Comment count if available
If there are no posts on a given day, you will see Inspirations.
The week view is a great starting point to plan content as you can see a snippet about what kind of content is appearing over the course of the week. You can:
- Compare content across days and see gaps in content
- See Reach and campaign activity
The week view can be set to include or exclude weekend days by clicking on the week header and checking or unchecking include weekends.
Analyze content performance and see your long-term content plan in the month view.
- Each day shows the number of posts published or scheduled
- Drafts can be quickly found by a red indicator
- Identify patterns and trends in content performance by referring to the Reach or Estimated Reach.
- The performance bar shows how Reach for that day compares to the last 30 days
Review unscheduled content and archive posts. All content regardless of publish status, scheduled date (or not scheduled) can be found in the List View.
- Unscheduled content (drafts without a date, content for review) are ordered at the top
- The content can be displayed as a list or card
- List view is the only view that can be searched
- Archive multiple posts from the list view as outlined in the Archive Content article
Isolate the content that you want to review using filters for publish status, publisher (also known as author), channel, and content type.
Click on the filters icon to open the filters bar. Use add filter to expand your filter options with additional details such as publish settings and other. Use clear filters to clear all selections.
Filters applied to one calendar view will apply to other calendar views. For example, you can apply a filter in the week view and that filter will apply to the day view if you switch over. The list view has different filters available so selections made in a calendar view do not apply to the list view.
The alert bell will quickly filter the view to content that requires action or needs review.
Filter: Publish Status
Restrict content in the Planner view by filtering the publish status.
- Published - the only content in your program that is visible to members in the web experience and mobile app.
- Draft - not visible to members, though any studio user with access to the Publish section of the program can edit any drafted post.
- Scheduled - content that is scheduled to move to published at a specific time in the future.
- Archived - archived content no longer appears to members.
- Needs Review - external content (submitted by users or pulled in via a feed) that requires approval before moving to published.
- Processing - when a video post is created by uploading a video, after the initial upload of the video there is a short processing period where Program Studio makes the video ready for use by members. While processing, the post itself can be edited. However, the video must complete processing before the post can be published.
Search is only available in the list view. Search will look at the Heading and Description fields in the content cards to filter results. Note that search is sensitive to word order and has no wild cards.
Add new posts from the Planner page. See Create a New Post (Any Type) via Planner for details on creating new content.
Metrics are displayed to the right of the calendar views (day, week, month). The planner metrics are for the content available in the view, so the time period selected (day, week, month) and any filters apply to both the view and the metrics.
Metrics include Reach (or Estimated Reach), Engagement Rate, Mobile Reach, Web Reach, Amplifier Reach, content interactions (Clicks, Likes, etc.) and a breakdown of the content. See the Measure Glossary for exact definitions of the metrics available in the planner metrics area.